- Zanran – this is a search engine for numerical data in graphs, tables and charts.
- Google Public Data Explorer – allows you to search and visualize international data.
- American FactFinder – Official U.S. Census Bureau data covering the state, county, or city levels.
- CenStats Databases – “A collection of searchable databases created by the Census Bureau, including: Building Permits; Census Tract Street Locator; County Business Patterns; Detailed Occupation by Race, Hispanic Origin and Sex; International Trade Data; U.S. Counties; and more.”
- gov – A repository of US government data.
- StateMaster: U.S. Statistics, State Comparisons – This is a great source for state statistics and allows you to compare one US state to another.
- Statistical Abstract of the United States – This is a great source for social and economic conditions in the United States. 2012 is the last year of free access to this work.
- CIA World Factbook – “The Factbook is a comprehensive resource of facts and statistics on more than 250 countries and other entities.”
- Gapminder World: Animated World Statistics – this provides interactive and visual graphs. It primarily shows demographic and economic data by country and state.
- NationMaster: World Statistics, Country Comparisons – You can easily compare country economic, demographic and other data by country using this site.
- OFFSTATS: Official Statistics on the Web – The directory of official international statistics
- org— A searchable directory of research data repositories. Although primarily it contains repositories in the US, it also includes European repositories.
- Statistical Sites on the World Wide Web – “List of links to federal and international statistical agencies, including the official statistics departments of around sixty countries.
- UN Demographic Yearbook – International demographic statistics from the United Nations.
- World Bank eAtlas of Global Development – This free, online site allows anyone to view maps and graphs of more than 175 indicators from the World Bank’s development database. Covers economic, environmental, educational, health, and poverty statistics.
- World Trade Organization: Statistics – The WTO’s databases and publications provide extensive access to international trade and tariff data.