Dictionaries | Encyclopedias | Guides | General sites | Quotes, charts, statistics
An online glossary of over 18,000 words used in the investment circles.
- Investopedia – A comprehensive financial dictionary with over 13,000 terms and counting.
- QFinance – Business, economics, banking terms and accounting dictionary and glossary
Investopedia.com – Free site devoted to investor education. It contains a variety of definitions, links and tutorials.
- International Investment Portal & Research Center – This portal provides of all sorts of information about various exchanges and investments around the world.
- Investor Guide: Leading Guide to Investing on the Web – Includes many annotated links to important investor Web sites.
- Investors clearinghouse / Alliance for Investor Education – This website is intended to provide individual investors with education and knowledge about domestic and international securities and financial markets.
- Motley Fool – This is a good source of general information for beginning or intermediate- level investors. The emphasis is on investment strategy, personal finance and retirement.
- American Association of Individual Investors – Basic information covered for all types of investments.
Investment Quotes, Charts or Statistics
- BigCharts – Investment research site provides access to professional-level research tools like interactive charts, quotes, industry analysis, intraday stock screeners, as well as market news and commentary.
- Bloomberg – Bloomberg is considered one of the leading sites for breaking financial news, investor tools and investor data. It provides market data for the US, Australia, Brazil, Germany, Japan and the UK with information on mortgages, treasuries, bonds and other investments.
- CNN Money
- eSignal Trading Tools – Includes AMEX, Dow Jones Industrial Average, S&P, major market indices, live charts, historicals, etc.
- Marketwatch – This site provides categories on bonds, futures, ecommerce and stock market snapshots. It also includes a large number of investor tools. It is international in scope and provides stock quotes for Australia, Canada, France, Germany, Hong Kong, Italy, Japan, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, South Africa, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, and the United Kingdom.
- Yahoo finance – This has portals of information on all types of securities including stocks, mutual funds, bonds, and options. It includes company financial reports, stock screeners, historical and real time quotes, stock splits, IPOs and mergers. You can view an individual company stock or look at the entire industry performance.